The Tacx Flux is a smart indoor cycling trainer (here is a review of it on road.cc) which helps the motivated cyclist to keep his fitness over the cold winter days.
Anyway, after a few hundred Kilometers it sometimes starts to produce a scraping and squeaking noise. This is super annoying. But, there is a way to fix it:
Important: you probably loose your warranty if you open the trainer.
What you need
- a T20 torx bit and a electric screwdriver
- tools to remove a cassette (chain whip and cassette tool)
- a can of belt spray
What to do
- remove the quick-release from the trainer
- remove the cassette from the trainer
- remove all the torx screws on both sides. Attention there are short and log screws, mark where the long screws go, so its easier to put together later
- remove the Panels
- Spray on the inner side of the belt, while slowly turning it, make sure the whole belt is penetrated with the spray
After finishing these steps, put the trainer back together. Make sure the short and long torx screws are in the right places and tighten the cassette properly, according to the values on the nut – usually around 40nm.